There is nothing better than 85 degree weather and a beach wedding. We also love quiet weddings in the mountains, intimate affairs on family farms, big city celebrations… Well, let’s be honest, we love weddings anywhere, but it is especially fun when we get to travel with our couples for exciting destination weddings!
We had the perfect day for Liz and Jeff’s beautiful beach wedding. The Island of Captiva was stunning, and our couple was fabulous. We wish you both love and happiness.
The SS&G team have packed their bags for the white sandy beaches of Negril to celebrate and photograph Latisha and Martell’s wedding this coming weekend. We will be out of the office (and out of the Country!!) from 7/21-7/28. If you have a question about booking a wedding or session, please forward those to our EMAIL as we are usually able to receive emails in Negril but cell service is spotty. Any voicemails will be returned no later than Friday, July 29th. We wish you a fabulous week. Please say a prayer for good weather for this lovely couple and for a safe trip for us, our gear, our couple, their family and friends… both going and returning. We appreciate your patience and understanding! Catch ya on the flip side! (am I showing my age with that one??? LOL)
Erin and Allen found us through Youtube (of all places) We never actually had the privilege of meeting before the wedding but that did not stop us from becoming fast friends! We joined them and their 50 closest family and friends at the Couples Swept Away Resort in Negril, Jamaica for their wedding on 8/9/10 (yes… still catching up on blogging!). It was neat to share our 10th anniversary week with them and we could not have chosen a better couple! After spending a few days getting to know Erin, Allen, their family and friends we felt right at home! We are determined to make it to NY soon to visit! Their ceremony took place on the beautiful white sands with a cocktail hour following in the lush gardens to the center of the resort. It was a beautiful week and a fabulous wedding that we were proud to be a part of. We only wish that Erin and Allen lived closer so that we could see them more often!
Yup, that’s right! I said it!!! Troy and I are looking to expand our destination wedding photography portfolio. So we are looking for 5(FIVE) wedding couples, each in different destinations, who would like to apply for FREE wedding photography by Schmidt Studio! Seriously? Is it a joke?! Not at all! Having a beach wedding in the Islands, or a winter wedding in Vail, or maybe a Central Park Wedding in New York, or a Castle Wedding in Europe…. whatever destination… we have current passports and are ready to fly the friendly skies and join you!!!
So, how does it work?
You cover the costs meaning: airfare, transportation and accommodations for 3 -5 nights at YOUR destination wedding and you will in turn receive:
- FREE engagement session at destination or at any destination within 4 hours of Lexington, KY (Louisville, Cincinnati, various locations in Eastern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, Tennessee and Illinois even!!) with DVD and print rights to ALL photos from engagement shoot.
- FREE unlimited hours of photography on your wedding day at your destination.
- FREE DVD of ALL fully edited images from your wedding day and prints rights.
- FREE Online gallery with viewing for family and friends for Engagement AND Wedding
- AND a $500 credit toward your wedding book!
- Retail value: $3850!!!!
- You must be willing to allow us to share your wedding images with the world! (LITERALLY) and agree that we may use them in both print and web ads.
- Your destination MUST ALLOW outside photographers and you must cover any fees related to this.
- Airfare / Accommodations must be secured and receipts / tickets turned over at the time we sign the contract (seeing as how are not being “paid” in order for us to hold your date we will need some kind of guarantee) OR you may pay the normal $1000 retainer and secure these items within 30 days of your contract. As soon as you present us with confirmation of airfare and accommodations, your $1000 retainer will be returned to you in full.
- If the destination is within 6 hours of Lexington, KY we will be happy to drive and save the cost of airfare but reimbursement of ground travel will be expected.
We do have a legal contract that each party will sign that commits us to you so no fear that we are some shady people who just won’t show!
Feel free to contact us directly for more details: email@example.com or 859.312.5361
Brandi and Dave were married on the beach of Sandals Negril in Jamaica. It was a truly stunning sunset with the reception lasting late into the darkness. Everything was gorgeous! Brandi and Dave’s table, was adorned with an amazing arrangement of flowers in shades of pinks and oranges. We were invited along to share in their special day and our only regret is that we couldn’t stay in Negril forever!
Not only did we get to experience a fabulous beachfront, sunset wedding with their 4 course reception dinner following (also on the beach… VERY COOL) but we also got to party with them at their reception here in Lexington, once they arrived home! Being able to spend a bit of time with both Brandi and Dave’s families we know that each of them are very blessed to have their amazing families!
Congratulations Brandi and Dave. It was our privilege to join you on your fabulous destination wedding. We wish many years of happiness, health and prosperity!
Brandi and Dave’s wedding images are coming soon (check back tomorrow!!!) until then… here is a sneak peek:
Sunset on the beach in Negril, Jamaica… the most stunning sunset I have ever witnessed! I very much look forward to going back to Jamaica when we have more time!!
Brandi and Dave’s first dance as the sun set on Sandals Negril.
A sunset stroll on the beach after their wedding ceremony. You could tell that these were definitely in paradise!
My favorite images from their beachfront wedding!
Thanks Brandi and Dave for allowing us to photograph your wedding day (and reception here in Lexington!). It was quite the adventure for our first time in Jamaica! Can’t wait for you guys to see the rest!